Thai food is one of my favorites! Here’s a colorful Thai Red Curry Chicken dish that I enjoy making. It’s simple and quick to make. Just a little prep and you can throw this yummy dish together.
- 2 Tbs. Oil
- 1-2 Tbs. Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Can (13.5 fl. oz) Thai Coconut Milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless Chicken thighs or breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tsp. Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Fish Sauce
- 1/2 piece each of Red and Yellow Bell Pepper, cored and sliced
- Handful of Green Beans, cut in 2″ pieces
- Handful of Basil leaves, chopped (use Thai Basil, if you can get it)
- Crushed Red Pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in pan over medium, add Red Curry Paste, stir until foaming
- Add Coconut Milk, stir and simmer for 4 minutes
- Add Chicken, stir and simmer additional 4 minutes
- Add sugar, fish sauce, bell pepper, and green beans, continue cooking until chicken and vegetables are cooked, about 3 more minutes.
- Mix in chopped Basil
- Finally, add additional sugar, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes as desired.
Serve over Thai Jasmine Rice. Yields 4 servings.
Note: I also use 1″ slices, halved of Japanese Eggplant, be creative with your veggies. It makes such a colorful and yummy dish.